Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ready to Sell After the FOMC

As I stated recently I will be a seller tonight on a rally after the 2:15 announcement.

Here is what supports the scenario of a correction:

- first of all the put/call ratio:


- the rally is 105 points long and has not paused at all on the way from 1040;

- the media has become brave enough to express some bullish views;

- the market often reverses the previous trend after a Fed day ( remember August 11th);

- VIX has been diverging from SPX;

- my intuition;

- other.

Negating it:

- breadth getting stronger on yesterday's ramp up after many days of under performing relative to the stock market - I will ignore this fact for now (no setup is perfect).

Consequently, depending on how the market is positioned after the announcement, I will sell after a rally. I am now guessing somewhere between 1143.5 and 1148.5 on the SPX. I am looking for at least 30 points on the downside. I will try to post my trade in real-time.

2 comments:

sergejriga said...

Good day!
Very interested in hearing your thoughts on Trade SP.
I ask you, what a chance to break SP 1150 and to rise above before 1170?
What are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Adrn said...

i think there is a big chance of a move to 1170 after a correction of a few days.

i do not think we will see the spx above 1150 before this correction. a marginal break of 1150, if it happens, would be a great short opportunity