Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ready to Go Long

Yesterday, for the third time in 2 days, the market rose after bad economic data. The durable goods report was especially negative. This behaviour is a sign that at the current levels the previous negative economic surprises are fully discounted. There is one more important report, the GDP revision on Friday, that I think is going to attract sellers but any weakness should be bought. I also think the low for this leg down is in at 1040.

The put/call ratio has risen (fallen on my chart) enough to suggest going long:


I expect the market to trade up to at least 1120 in the following weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adi,
Thanks for the early post.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You are right! I think market react to bad news was ended. Now, we will go up from here.

Tony

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! I just started reading a few weeks ago, but I you have great insight. Keep it up & thanks
- Tom

Adrn said...

Tom,

Thank you for the kind words.

I am glad you like it.