Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting

I did not manage to get the best exit yesterday. If I had waited until today I would have gotten a much better price. 

However, this is hindsight. Given the strong downward momentum and the lack of vigor until the last 10 minutes of the session, I am content with my decision to exit at 1340.5. 

Now the question is whether to still play the long side or not after this correction. For an answer, here is a timing indicator I use, the 3 day ema of TRIN.

Generally, it is safe to buy the daily chart as long as the indicator stays above ( the scale is inverted above) the 1,4 -1.5 zone. 

At the moment the indicator is much too weak, suggesting that I should wait until it turns back above the mentioned zone. This usually keeps me from buying too early into a correction that has not ended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for update!

Tony